06 September 2011

Let's start at the beginning

Hello and welcome! If you have come across this blog, maybe it's because you're vegan. Maybe you aren't and you want to venture into exploring vegan food, or perhaps you simply like soup-y food. Not soggy, mushy and bland food,  but tasty, hearty, satisfying bowls of vegetables, beans, grains- what have you- that will leave you satisfied no matter how hungry you are or what the temperature is. 

So why soup, you ask? (And vegan at that?) I'll be honest with you: I used to be a very minor soup fan as a child. Yup. In hindsight I realize that I was a foolish child, because I love making and eating soup, stews, and chilis of all kinds. They are economical, require minimal prep work, and are filling. Serve a hearty soup with a side of veggies or greens, maybe some bread, and you have a great meal for any nite of the week. I want to convert the haters and support the lovers by offering up my best ideas, recipes, and reviews of others' work on a weekly basis. 

I hope you're ready for the journey of exploring and creating with me!
-Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment